Apostolic Christian Forum

Where Apostolic Christians (Anglicans, Catholics, Othrodox, etc). can fellowship

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome please read the rules before you register. Thank you

Share | 

Unbelief Now the World's Third-Largest 'Religion'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hansc

PostSubject: Unbelief Now the World's Third-Largest 'Religion'   Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:35 pm

"A new report on global religious identity shows that while Christians and Muslims make up the two largest groups, those with no religious affiliation -- including atheists and agnostics -- are now the third-largest "religious" group in the world.

The study, released Tuesday (Dec. 18) by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life, found that more than eight in 10 (84 percent) of the world's 7 billion people adheres to some form of religion. Christians make up the largest group, with 2.2 billion adherents, or 23 percent worldwide, followed by Muslims, with 1.6 billion adherents, or 23 percent worldwide.

Close behind are the "nones" -- those who say they have no religious affiliation or say they do not believe in God -- at 1. 1 billion, or 16 percent. That means that about the same number of people who identify as Catholics worldwide say they have no religion.

"One out of six people does not have a . . ."

Religion Today
Back to top Go down
BeyondBlessed
Love the forums!
Love the forums!

PostSubject: Re: Unbelief Now the World's Third-Largest 'Religion'   Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:30 pm

To me it seems that number should be higher. I guarantee you if we didn't count nominal affiliations that would be more than 1 in 6 in the heart of the Bible belt. If you believe these figures, that there are more Christians than non-believers, that should be extremely encouraging.
Back to top Go down
Titus
Love the forums!
Love the forums!

PostSubject: Re: Unbelief Now the World's Third-Largest 'Religion'   Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:16 pm

I seriously doubt there are 2.2 bil christians. Barna did a study when the world population hit six bil and christians were only around one bil then. But even if the numbers are correct, the real story is that nearly five billion souls on this earth are bound for hell. That should break our hearts
Back to top Go down
SherryW
Active
Active

PostSubject: Re: Unbelief Now the World's Third-Largest 'Religion'   Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:42 pm

I belong to this "Grieving Mothers" group and am surprised that there are so many there that believe in angels and mediums and that their children are wandering the earth waiting for them to join them. Sad really.
Back to top Go down
BeyondBlessed
Love the forums!
Love the forums!

PostSubject: Re: Unbelief Now the World's Third-Largest 'Religion'   Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:50 pm

Its also amazing how many people don't believe in a creator but believe in karma or some other generic, supernatural force.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unbelief Now the World's Third-Largest 'Religion'   Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:08 am

BeyondBlessed wrote:
Its also amazing how many people don't believe in a creator but believe in karma or some other generic, supernatural force.
Thinking themselves to be wise, they become as fools. . .
Back to top Go down
JesusLovesYou

PostSubject: Re: Unbelief Now the World's Third-Largest 'Religion'   Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:06 am

Lord, help us reach these people for You!
Back to top Go down
Lazarus Short
Active
Active

PostSubject: Re: Unbelief Now the World's Third-Largest 'Religion'   Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:37 pm

I used to be in that unbelieving group, as you can see in my Profile. I mean I was a hard-core follower of Ayn Rand. My dad prayed for me for years, but after the light went on, and he got his life right with God, I got dragged into the Kingdom, almost kicking and screaming. It was a sort of a spiritual cause-and-effect. My puny will against Irresistible Grace? No contest! Praise the Lord!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unbelief Now the World's Third-Largest 'Religion'   

Back to top Go down

Unbelief Now the World's Third-Largest 'Religion'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1