Apostolic Christian Forum

Where Apostolic Christians (Anglicans, Catholics, Othrodox, etc). can fellowship

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome please read the rules before you register. Thank you

Share | 

Will 2013 Mark the Beginning Of The American Decline?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hansc

PostSubject: Will 2013 Mark the Beginning Of The American Decline?   Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:22 pm

“A modest man,” Winston Churchill supposedly quipped about Clement Attlee, his successor as prime minister, “but then he has so much to be modest about.” We should say the same about economists, particularly their ability to forecast anything in a useful and timely manner.

Those predicting an imminent American economic decline have usually been no exception. This time, though, they may be on to something.

Prevailing arguments about when the era of U.S. dominance would end, and which country would supplant it, have been wildly and consistently wrong for half a century. In the 1950s, Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev was taken seriously when he told Western ambassadors “We will bury you.”

Today, his country no longer exists. In the 1980s, Japan was supposedly going to be No. 1; now the question is whether the precipitous decline in its working-age population will generate a fiscal crisis.

The Germans -- or Europeans more broadly -- were thought to be on the brink of elbowing aside the U.S. several times, including in the run-up to the global financial crisis in 2008, when the euro seemed to threaten the dollar’s role as the pre- eminent reserve currency.

Remember when Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen was quoted as saying she preferred to be paid in euros? Now the. . "

Bloomberg

Back to top Go down
BeyondBlessed
Love the forums!
Love the forums!

PostSubject: Re: Will 2013 Mark the Beginning Of The American Decline?   Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:24 pm

I don't see why we're worried about dominating. Why are we so special anyways? At the same time I don't see any threats. China's got the manufacturing base, but not the consumer base and the European countries control their trade too well to give them any leverage. If you're considering the EU one economy, they've already grown their GDP greater than ours and their currency probably will supplant ours as even China and Russia have dumped the dollar for trade, and that's a huge deal. Will they work with non-European countries, though?

If we do get out of this we'll be following in the steps of Iceland. It's not going to come by taking money out of the economy (by reduced spending or taxes) at the right place.
Back to top Go down
Titus
Love the forums!
Love the forums!

PostSubject: Re: Will 2013 Mark the Beginning Of The American Decline?   Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:49 pm

The decline of the US began when we legalized the murder of the unborn.
Back to top Go down
otherone

PostSubject: Re: Will 2013 Mark the Beginning Of The American Decline?   Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:57 pm

I would say that it started in 1913 when the Federal Reserve Act was put into action. There is still questions as to whether or not it was properly ratified.

I would say though that is we are where I think we are in prophetic history, we do not want to be a world power. None of the end time world powers that I see are good Hopefully I've just missed something...
Back to top Go down
http://sam.evans.org
Lazarus Short
Active
Active

PostSubject: Re: Will 2013 Mark the Beginning Of The American Decline?   Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:55 pm

If we refer back to the image of Nebuchadnezzar and see the succession of former world powers, we can understand from history that each one has risen, declined, and ended up as a third-rate nation. We can even add several to the list which did not make it to that image, but the principle holds true.

Babylon, now Iraq

Persia, now Iran

Greece

Rome, now Italy

the "toes" - successors of Rome, all in dire straits these days

To this list, we can add Spain, Portugal, Mongolia, Egypt, Assyria, and many others.

The main point to all this is: You can not set up the Kingdom through the arm of flesh. Setting up the Kingdom is reserved by God.

I believe the USA will become a former superpower, for global hegemony is not sustainable. However the USA will survive and prosper, while minding its own business, as it should.
Back to top Go down
JeffPS
Active
Active

PostSubject: Re: Will 2013 Mark the Beginning Of The American Decline?   Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:05 am

Beyond blessed said "China's got the manufacturing base, but not the consumer base" - uh, way over 1 billion with a B consumers in China
Back to top Go down
BeyondBlessed
Love the forums!
Love the forums!

PostSubject: Re: Will 2013 Mark the Beginning Of The American Decline?   Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:47 am

JeffPS wrote:
Beyond blessed said "China's got the manufacturing base, but not the consumer base" - uh, way over 1 billion with a B consumers in China

The national per capita income is <$5,000 per year. How many lead-painted widgets can you buy with that?
Back to top Go down
Lazarus Short
Active
Active

PostSubject: Re: Will 2013 Mark the Beginning Of The American Decline?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:35 pm

BeyondBlessed wrote:
JeffPS wrote:

The national per capita income is <$5,000 per year. How many lead-painted widgets can you buy with that?

Yet, most Chinese live simply, and have scrimped and saved for years ( like Amerikans formerly did). Lots of savings plus pent-up demand fueled the change from bicycles to automobiles in a few short years.

Anyway, I thought Amerika (that's the only way I can spell it nowadays) has been in decline since at least the time Reagan went to China and sold out the Amerikan worker. He was just a "B" actor doing a script - the greatest role of his career.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will 2013 Mark the Beginning Of The American Decline?   

Back to top Go down

Will 2013 Mark the Beginning Of The American Decline?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1