Apostolic Christian Forum

Where Apostolic Christians (Anglicans, Catholics, Othrodox, etc). can fellowship

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome please read the rules before you register. Thank you

Share | 

Marine standing in front of School

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JesusLovesYou

PostSubject: Marine standing in front of School   Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Historyb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Marine standing in front of School   Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:12 pm

Great Idea. My nephew who is 10 made my SIL promise that he would not get killed before he would even get up the next day after the shootings.

PostSubject: Re: Marine standing in front of School   Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:57 pm

I think it's time to allow our military to protect its own country. It's sad it has to come to this, but it's overdue in many areas. I like the vet idea too. Maybe it will help schools be more involved with our military & vice versa. It may also increase recruitment & force us to take better care of our vets than saving the whole world.
Back to top Go down
SherryW
Active
Active

PostSubject: Re: Marine standing in front of School   Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:00 pm

I think it would be wonderful to hire willing and able veterans to protect our schools.
Back to top Go down
otherone

PostSubject: Re: Marine standing in front of School   Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:49 pm

i don't think it will happen..... didn't this administration declare Vets as possible terrorists?
Back to top Go down
http://sam.evans.org

PostSubject: Re: Marine standing in front of School   Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:05 pm

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Good idea or bad idea?
Horrible idea. Akin to guarding the barn door after all of the horses, cows, sheep, and pigs have been slaughtered.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
False hope message?
Absolutely. It is based on an emotional response to a problem that has no real answer: mental illness.

What happened on December 14th, 2012 was a horrible tragedy that, regardless of the current (and proposed) restrictions on weapons in America, was unavoidable - mainly because the perpetrator was mentally unstable. Mental instability is not something that can be regulated or legislated away. There are a host of other, possibly more effective, weapons that the perpetrator could have used, up to and including a home-made bomb, to cause the destruction that he was out for.

I understand the need that we have to react emotionally to things that we don't understand, but emotional reactions hardly ever truly solve the problem. In fact, recent American history has proven that emotional reactions to events lead to terrible policy decisions that are almost impossible to revoke.
Back to top Go down
hornoftruth
Banned
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Marine standing in front of School   Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:48 pm

We as a nation should make the treatment of and care for the mentally unstable a top priority. There is much, much room for improvement in this department.

Benjie wrote:
JesusLovesYou wrote:
Good idea or bad idea?
Horrible idea. Akin to guarding the barn door after all of the horses, cows, sheep, and pigs have been slaughtered.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
False hope message?
Absolutely. It is based on an emotional response to a problem that has no real answer: mental illness.

What happened on December 14th, 2012 was a horrible tragedy that, regardless of the current (and proposed) restrictions on weapons in America, was unavoidable - mainly because the perpetrator was mentally unstable. Mental instability is not something that can be regulated or legislated away. There are a host of other, possibly more effective, weapons that the perpetrator could have used, up to and including a home-made bomb, to cause the destruction that he was out for.

I understand the need that we have to react emotionally to things that we don't understand, but emotional reactions hardly ever truly solve the problem. In fact, recent American history has proven that emotional reactions to events lead to terrible policy decisions that are almost impossible to revoke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marine standing in front of School   

Back to top Go down

Marine standing in front of School

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1