Apostolic Christian Forum

Where Apostolic Christians (Anglicans, Catholics, Othrodox, etc). can fellowship

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome please read the rules before you register. Thank you

Share | 

Is the Intense weather a Sign of the End Times?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hansc

PostSubject: Is the Intense weather a Sign of the End Times?    Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:41 am

"A recent survey found that while the majority of Americans believe the weather has become more extreme in the past few years, their viewpoints differ regarding what is causing this climate change.

A December survey conducted by the Public Religion Research Institute found that the majority of Americans (63 percent) believe the severe weather is due to global climate change, while 36 percent (4 in 10) believe it is evidence of the "end times", as taught in the Bible's book of Revelation.

More specifically, the majority of white mainline Protestants (65 percent) and Catholics (60 percent) believe the recent natural disasters are due to climate change, while the majority of white evangelical Protestants (65 percent) believe the weather is a foreshadowing of end times, according to the institute's recent press release.

The topic of climate change has long been debated among evangelical Christians, many of whom believe that because the Bible does not indicate any Scriptural passages regarding climate change, except in reference to the end times, then it is impossible for man alone to create a change in climate.

"It's actually quite difficult and often not a good use of time trying to have a conversation with someone who is convinced global warming is a hoax, the data is not in yet, or it's all a 'liberal' plot to ensure one-world government," Mark McReynolds, assistant professor of Environmental Science at Biola University, a Christian university located in Southern California, previously told The Christian Post.

Many critics contend that although evangelicals may still be weighing the issue, there has been an increase in evangelicals believing in climate change.

A 2008 Barna Group study found that only 27 percent of evangelicals stated that they "firmly believed" in global warming.

On the other side of the spectrum, the issue of the "end times" has been a highly publicized topic in recent months, as Dec. 21, 2012, the date on which the ancient Mayan calendar ends, quickly approaches.

As the PRRI's recent survey found, only two percent of Americans believe the world will end on Dec. 21, 2012.

In addition to this . . . "

Christian Post
Back to top Go down
Titus
Love the forums!
Love the forums!

PostSubject: Re: Is the Intense weather a Sign of the End Times?    Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:46 am

Climate change is very real. Global warming is a misnomer. The most logical explanation that I have heard is that the earth's magnetic poles are slowly shifting. If that in fact is the case, we can only expect the change to intensify. And yes, I believe it is a sign of the times, and I believe it is all part of God's plan. One day He will create a new heaven and a new earth.
Back to top Go down
Historyb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is the Intense weather a Sign of the End Times?    Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:01 pm

No. that is silly the world is not going to end because of climate change. Honestly some Christians are scared of anything and if anything looks different it's the end! As my uncle told me the weather is going back how it was when I was younger. When Christ has His second Advent it will be quite and not flashy as a thief in the night

PostSubject: Re: Is the Intense weather a Sign of the End Times?    Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Creation longs to be free.
Back to top Go down
BeyondBlessed
Love the forums!
Love the forums!

PostSubject: Re: Is the Intense weather a Sign of the End Times?    Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:30 pm

The only ones who deny it is man-made are the ones tied to the fossil fuel industry, but I'm pessimistic we'll ever change before we use so much of our oil it becomes too costly and no matter how serious it gets there will always be a third that thinks we had nothing to do with it. I also don't want to see us rush into something more costly and more dangerous like France has. It's certainly not a sign of the end of the world. We along with most species will adapt.
Back to top Go down
Historyb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is the Intense weather a Sign of the End Times?    Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:47 pm

I am not tied to fosil feul and I will say the stupidest idea from liberals is climate change is man made

Love the forums!
Love the forums!

PostSubject: Re: Is the Intense weather a Sign of the End Times?    Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:12 pm

Not afraid of anything. Climate change is real, but those who love the Lord have nothing to fear. I'm not saying it's the end of the world. It could be, if God chooses so. I don't know if it's man made or not and I'm not terribly concerned about it, because I believe it is part of His plan.
Back to top Go down
JesusLovesYou

PostSubject: Re: Is the Intense weather a Sign of the End Times?    Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:32 pm

Well, you figure the earth was without all those polutants, etc. With what comes from what we've made, and our own body heat & gases, it probably all affects everything than the way it was intended to be, lol.
Back to top Go down
otherone

PostSubject: Re: Is the Intense weather a Sign of the End Times?    Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:41 pm

BeyondBlessed wrote:
The only ones who deny it is man-made are the ones tied to the fossil fuel industry, but I'm pessimistic we'll ever change before we use so much of our oil it becomes too costly and no matter how serious it gets there will always be a third that thinks we had nothing to do with it. I also don't want to see us rush into something more costly and more dangerous like France has. It's certainly not a sign of the end of the world. We along with most species will adapt.

You do understand that the whole solar system has heated up???? It's not just the earth, and even at that our temperatures haven't really gone up for about 15 years. Lord Maukton (ever how you spell his name) was just kicked out of the UN for reminding them of that.

I'd really like to understand how human activity has heated up Mars, it's moons, and other planets and their moons...
Back to top Go down
http://sam.evans.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the Intense weather a Sign of the End Times?    

Back to top Go down

Is the Intense weather a Sign of the End Times?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1