Apostolic Christian Forum

Where Apostolic Christians (Anglicans, Catholics, Othrodox, etc). can fellowship

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome please read the rules before you register. Thank you

Share | 

Why don't they allow this for other beliefs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JesusLovesYou

PostSubject: Why don't they allow this for other beliefs?   Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:04 pm

Why do they get to publicly insult Christianity, and yet it's ok to leave the others alone?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/12/holiday-message-atheists-dub-jesus-myth-on-times-square-billboard/
Back to top Go down
otherone

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they allow this for other beliefs?   Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:08 pm

John 15:18-22
18 "If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. 19 "If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 "Remember the word that I said to you, 'A slave is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 "But all these things they will do to you for My name's sake, because they do not know the One who sent Me.
NASB
Back to top Go down
http://sam.evans.org
historyb1
Active
Active

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they allow this for other beliefs?   Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:25 pm

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Why do they get to publicly insult Christianity, and yet it's ok to leave the others alone?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/12/holiday-message-atheists-dub-jesus-myth-on-times-square-billboard/

Because we are in a Religion that people will always hate because it alone has the truth and people hate truth because the truth convicts
Back to top Go down
JesusLovesYou

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they allow this for other beliefs?   Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:33 pm

I know the biblical reasons. I'm speaking of just pure common sense of the 1st Amendment rights. This country can't even enforce that, yet it's ok for all other religions to not be persecuted (muslims, mormons, amish, atheist, jw's, etc.).
Back to top Go down
BeyondBlessed
Love the forums!
Love the forums!

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they allow this for other beliefs?   Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:51 pm

How did you all miss the news about the anti-Islam subway ads in New York?
Back to top Go down
otherone

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they allow this for other beliefs?   Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:05 pm

BeyondBlessed wrote:
How did you all miss the news about the anti-Islam subway ads in New York?

I'm not really sure for I rarely miss things pertaining to Islam.... thanks for bringing it to my attention...... and good for them standing against Islam.
Back to top Go down
http://sam.evans.org
BeyondBlessed
Love the forums!
Love the forums!

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they allow this for other beliefs?   Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:08 pm

It just seems to me we're jumping at the chance to be the victims.
Back to top Go down
Historyb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they allow this for other beliefs?   Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:45 pm

JesusLovesYou wrote:
I know the biblical reasons. I'm speaking of just pure common sense of the 1st Amendment rights. This country can't even enforce that, yet it's ok for all other religions to not be persecuted (muslims, mormons, amish, atheist, jw's, etc.).

Well the first Amendment is for our relations to the Govt. not to each other. They are free to post that billboard and we can post counters too.

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they allow this for other beliefs?   Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:07 am

BeyondBlessed wrote:
Laughing Not really. Just annoyed of how they use their freedom of speech to harm/insult Christianity. Why don't they speak against all religions & not just Christianity? The person who posted the Anti-Islam ads is against Islam. Atheists are against all religions are they not, or are they just against Christianity? I am a Christian, not a victim. What person wouldn't be offended calling their belief/religion/sacred relationship a myth? And broadcasting it in that matter in big lights, etc. It is an insult. It provokes. It's not enganging in a civil, respectful manner. They just show their ignorance. Their consistency to speak against Christianity, anything Christian, yet we can't speak against them, or other religions without suffering some recourse - so yea, that would be where Christians are victimized. Did you not hear that Pastors may not be able to speak of hell, or sinful living, salvation because it would be considered hate speech. Where's the outcry? Why not other religions if they're anti-religious? The past year they had bus ads against Christianity. Maybe Christians should post something of the atheists.Wink Where do they get the money for posting on those, and public transportation? Why stop at Islam? Why not Mormon's, etc? Why not do something better with their money helping the problems around the world. They have their own religion. /rant over
Back to top Go down
SherryW
Active
Active

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they allow this for other beliefs?   Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:20 am

I think it's because all other religions have the same root (Satan) where Christianity's root is Christ.

The other religions are not a threat. It doesn't matter what they believe in just as long as they don't believe in Truth.

And we are definitely not victims. A lot of us will be losing our heads for what we believe.
Back to top Go down
JesusLovesYou

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they allow this for other beliefs?   Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:11 pm

Quote :
A lot of us will be losing our heads for what we believe
Agreed. I hope I will be willing to give it.
Back to top Go down
BeyondBlessed
Love the forums!
Love the forums!

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they allow this for other beliefs?   Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:11 pm

JesusLovesYou wrote:
BeyondBlessed wrote:
Laughing Not really. Just annoyed of how they use their freedom of speech to harm/insult Christianity. Why don't they speak against all religions & not just Christianity? The person who posted the Anti-Islam ads is against Islam. Atheists are against all religions are they not, or are they just against Christianity? I am a Christian, not a victim. What person wouldn't be offended calling their belief/religion/sacred relationship a myth? And broadcasting it in that matter in big lights, etc. It is an insult. It provokes. It's not enganging in a civil, respectful manner. They just show their ignorance. Their consistency to speak against Christianity, anything Christian, yet we can't speak against them, or other religions without suffering some recourse - so yea, that would be where Christians are victimized. Did you not hear that Pastors may not be able to speak of hell, or sinful living, salvation because it would be considered hate speech. Where's the outcry? Why not other religions if they're anti-religious? The past year they had bus ads against Christianity. Maybe Christians should post something of the atheists.Wink Where do they get the money for posting on those, and public transportation? Why stop at Islam? Why not Mormon's, etc? Why not do something better with their money helping the problems around the world. They have their own religion. /rant over

Christians have their share of controversial ads done in bad taste. Look at all the anti-abortion and anti-gay ads placed on bus shelters that make no attempt to convince people of anything, only shame and insult those who disagree. I know there are some that simply advertise a church program or concert, but these come from different groups that hide behind the same kind of PO Box organizations the atheists set up. From time to time one of these ads gets challenged in court and the court affirms the right to free speech. Unfortunately this speech does a lot of damage to the Christian faith as they don't identify their organization in the ads. We have ads from the atheists that simply say "you can be good without a god." While misleading from a Christian POV, that's a lot more convincing than most of the generic "Christian" ads I see.

I knew when I saw this ad that I was not the target audience. They're responding with the same hatred shown to them.
Back to top Go down
Historyb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they allow this for other beliefs?   Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:18 pm

That is a lot of bull brought on by way to much liberalism and being to young

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they allow this for other beliefs?   Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:27 am

Quote :
I knew when I saw this ad that I was not the target audience. They're responding with the same hatred shown to them.
Rolling Eyes Whatever.

Murder is ugly. There's no way to sugar coat it. Sad

Also, Christianity is no lie. There's so much evidence backing it up it's pathetic they don't reason with it. They just jab.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they allow this for other beliefs?   

Back to top Go down

Why don't they allow this for other beliefs?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1